Monday, March 10, 2014
Chicken Fingers (Recipe)
Homemade chicken fingers. Yes, it actually is as good as it sounds, and yes, it is easy too! Note that the recipes I post from time to time are not meant to be super healthy or anything. Just frugal! I'd rather spend the time at home preparing a dish like this rather than forking out a pretty penny at a restaurant every time I get a craving for good old-fashioned chicken fingers! I love to have fun with my fryer, once in a while. I certainly don't plug it in every week but when I do, this simple recipe is a big hit! If you have never tried chicken fingers at home, give it a go and you might be surprised at how easy it truly is. And if frying makes you nervous, (as it does me some days) you can use the same recipe and simply bake them instead. I've done that a time or two as well.
2 lbs Chicken Breast Meat
1 cup Half and Half
2 cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat Fryer.
2) Combine flour and Cajun seasoning blend together, set aside.
3) Pour half and half into separate dish and set aside.
4) Trim fat off of chicken and slice into chicken finger size.
5) Sprinkle both sides of each piece lightly with salt and pepper.
6) Dredge each piece in flour, then in the half and half and then in the flour again.
7) Place several pieces of chicken at a time in preheated fryer for 12-15 minutes.
8) Place on plate with paper towels while you do several batches.